Greer, Cohen and Brandes labs host interns

Bailey Lin

Bailey Lin is a fourth-year biology major at Georgia Tech with a minor in environmental science. She is scheduled to graduate in December 2021. She is interning in Adam Greer’s lab and is studying doliolids and their life history. She is the coxswain on the rowing team at Georgia Tech and also enjoys baking and hanging out with her elderly cat.

Hannah Kepner

Hannah Kepner is also an intern in the Greer lab. She is a rising senior at UGA, majoring in biology with a marine biology concentration and an ecology minor. She is scheduled to graduate in December 2021. She is on the executive board of the UGA Invasive Species Club and UGA Climate and Society Club. She enjoys SCUBA diving and hiking. Hannah is targeting grad school after her graduation.

Charlotte Green

Charlotte Green is an intern from UGA in Natalie Cohen’s lab. She is focusing on studying phytoplankton and zooplankton ecology. She received her bachelor’s degree in biology with a focus on ecology from UGA. “When I’m away from work I enjoy hiking, mushroom hunting and visiting the Tellus Science Museum,” she said.

Ellen Otterbach is a sophomore from the University of Miami interning with Jay Brandes and Dodie Sanders.

Ellen Otterbach

She is a marine affairs major with a minor in sustainable business, entrepreneurship and French. She is working on microplastics and marine debris.

“I am recreating a previous research project that looked at the difference in microplastic levels during high tide and low tide over several weeks,” Ellen said.

Ellen is also working with the Marine Extension to learn about marine education and am helping with several projects there.

“A few fun facts about me are that I love snorkeling, and I speak three languages, English, German, and French,” she said.

Categories: Skidaway Scoop